Cease and desist lifted on Adams Township development

July 10, 2019 Cranberry Local News


Advertisement | Advertise Here

ADAMS TWP — Township supervisors retracted Tuesday a cease-and-desist order issued last month against Cypress Fields developers after excessive drainage issues occurred on residential properties.

The retraction allows Cypress Fields to once again secure building permits. After reviewing steps taken since July 3 to address runoff issues, supervisors determined significant progress had been made.

“We were specifically asked to have our engineer submit a response to (township engineer) Ron Olsen,” said Cypress Fields developer Terry Bove during the Monday night meeting.

Bove provided copies of letters and reports exchanged between engineers. He cited specific steps taken to stem extra water flow.

“I can say to you that we worked non-stop the last two weeks,” added Bove.

“The problem was not ignored,” said Bove. “Maybe it was not addressed as aggressively as it needed to be. We take this very seriously.”

Supervisor Chairman Thomas Franceschina proposed the township lift the cease-and-desist order in the face of the Thursday closing. A review of the developer's efforts to install the pipe would take place in two weeks. If things aren't satisfactory, the order will be reissued.

The board put removing the order to a vote. Supervisors Linda Lees and Ronald Shemela voted against the motion.

Read the full story in Wednesday's Cranberry Eagle.

Share this article: