The Zelienople Public Library lists its winter adult and teen activities.
- Open Chess Play will be held from 2 to 4 p.m. Saturday. All levels of player are welcome.
- Spanish Conversation Hour will meet at 6 p.m. Monday. The hour is open to all and will provide attendees a chance to converse with others in Spanish whether they are fluent speakers, new to the language or just hoping to refresh their skills.
- The Genealogy Club will meet from 10 a.m. to noon on Monday.
The club is led by Susan Ennis, genealogist and retired librarian, and includes a brief instructional time followed by a time when attendees can work on their own projects with Sue and her volunteers available to help.
Participants may bring a laptop or tablet or use library equipment to access the library’s ancestry.com database and other resources.
- Device Day will be Jan. 29. Patrons are invited to bring in new gadgets that they may need help understanding and staff and teen volunteers will be available to answer questions.
One-on-one sessions will also be available to address topics such as introduction to MS Excel, Word, Internet, Facebook, researching from home using the library research databases or downloading e-books from the library’s website.
Call 724-452-9330 to make an appointment. All these activities are free and open to anyone to attend.
- Teen Movie Night will be at 6:30 p.m. Jan. 29 and Teen Career Day will be from 2 to 4 p.m. Feb. 10.
- Student Art Showcase continues in the library’s teen room. The latest installment features two-dimensional artwork from Seneca Valley seventh- and eighth-graders.
Featured artists are Payton Aloi, Gretchen Keller, Adrien Koromaus, Rachel Kremmel, Alastair Smolic and Thomas Zimmerman. The exhibit is open for viewing during normal library hours.